From ice-climbing in the Scottish highlands to Subwinging in Greece, Jeremy Lazell has done (and wrote) about it all. Originally from Tunbridge Wells in Kent, Jeremy then moved on to study Japanese at Cambridge and now lives in his dream home in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland with his partner, Sophie, and their three children. His articles, mainly about his travels, his children and all the latest and quirkiest sports around the world, have featured in a selection of publications including the Sunday Times and Esquire. So, with such an interesting life how could Vintage Child not want to interview him?
- What is your full time job? Writer
- What is your dream job? Backing singer for Stevie Wonder
- What gets you out of bed in the morning? Kids needin fed
- How would you describe your personal style in three words? Casj, GAP, outdoorsy
- What was your favourite part of your day today? Walking the dog.
Five things we ask everyone:
- Describe your travel style in three words... Independent, guideless, off-piste
2. What is the one item in your wardrobe you always take with you when you travel?Kikoi
3. What was your worst holiday disaster?Sweating on Omar Sharif
4. What are your top three travel bag essentials? Swimming goggles, book, sun block
5. What is your dream travel destination? India
Check in or carry on? Check-in
2. Luxury hotel or beach hut?Luxury beach hut (!)
3. Ibiza or Nepal? NEPAL!!!
4. Hammock or four poster? Love the idea of hammocks, hate the reality, so four-poster
5. Sun or snow? Snow
6. Mountains or beach? MOUNTAINS
7. City break or country retreat? City (live in the country)
8. Reading or riding? So hard....reaiding?
9. Long haul or short haul? All-haul
10. Relaxation or adventure? ADVENTURE
11. Flip flops or flippers? Love 'em both