After achieving a First Class Honours in her university degree, Rose Adams decided it was time to put down the books and open her eyes to the sights of Asia and Australia.
- Where are you currently in the world?
Wellington, New Zealand.
- What have you been up to during your travels?
So far I’ve been to Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand. My highlights are Thailand’s full moon party, scuba diving, seeing Angkor Wat (Cambodia), visiting Maya Bay (Thailand) having dinner up the KL tower in Kuala Lumper and riding an elephant.
- What does a normal day where you are consist of?
We will get up from our hostel bed, check out and get a bus or train into the city to explore! Unless we have booked an activity then we will do that - every day is different and it depends where we are in the world as to what we want to see but we will always do something exciting!
- What made you decide to go travelling?
I wanted to see the world and experience places out of my comfort zone. I've been studying school, college and then university without any break in between, so it was time for a break from the boring norm!
- How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style is very unique, I wear a lot of vintage and one off pieces mixed with high street stuff as well. I've picked up loads of cool indie pieces on my travels and I love the hippy style. The amount of hair braids in my hair currently reflects this!!
- What is the most interesting thing about you? My sense of humour definitely!
Five things we ask everyone:
- Describe your travel style in three words... Hippy, harem, Havaianas.
- What is the one item in your wardrobe you always take with you when you travel?
Leggings or harem pants. They are very comfortable when travelling long distances, which I do most days, whether that is on a plane or coach.
- What was your worst holiday disaster?
Probably scuba diving as I hated being under deep water but I'm pleased I did it even if I probably won't try it again! Also losing my debit card in Thailand was a pretty big disaster!
- What are your top three travel bag essentials?
Mossie repellent, sun cream and eye mask for long journeys.
- What is your dream travel destination?
My dream travel destination is L.A and I'm very lucky to be going there at the end of this trip, I can't wait! Also I would love to go to Fiji so hopefully I can do that on my next trip.
- Check in or carry on?Check in
- Luxury hotel or beach hut?Luxury hotel
- Ibiza or Nepal?Ibiza
- Hammockor four poster?Hammock
- Sun or snow?Sun definitely!
- Mountains orbeach? Beach
- City break orcountry retreat? City break
- Readingor riding?Reading
- Long haul orshort haul? That depends on if there's films on the plane haha but generally short haul as I'm not a great lover of flying
- Relaxation oradventure? both
- Flip flopsor flippers?Flip flops Flip flops - absolute life saver on this trip I've lived in my havaianas!